- Himalayan Rock Salt (packaging says can use for baths)
- Blue Food Coloring (safe to add some color to your bath salt)
- Sandalwood Essential Oil (for aromatherapy)
- Spatula/Spoon (for mixing)
How To Make Your Own Bath Salts?
- Depending on the amount of bath salts you would like to make, prepare a bowl that can fit the size. I used a large bowl with a spatula for mixing.
- Pour the salts into the bowl and add a dab of the food coloring of your choice. Depending on how strong/dark the color you want, you can add a second dab or more to control the control tone. For mine, I added a drop into a bowl full of salt.
- Mix it consistently, the color will gradually even out.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to your mix. Try lavender for relaxing baths or refreshing fruity smells.
- Continue to mix it evenly. The final product is a evenly colored salt mix that smells lovely!
- Package in glass jars (recycle jam jars, clean and dry) or smaller gift packs.
pictures taken with iPhone 4 only